In late October 2012, I agreed to guest edit The Afterword, the online book section of The National Post. The following essay originally appeared in The National Post, Tuesday, October 23, 2012. A while back, a concerned Amazon.com patron remarked that Shelf Monkey (my novel set in the world of… WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
- Mimic: when bugs enter the uncanny valley
- Scary/gross/cool, or, horror movie memories (NSFW)
- Galaxy of Terror: one planet is hardly a galaxy
- Seven short films about The Shining
- Why monsters are necessary
- Halloween in either two minutes or a goodly chunklet of your life
- Forget your troubles, c’mon, get zombie!