For me, November is James Bond month. Not only because of the impending release this week (November 6!) of Daniel Craig’s fourth cinematic take on the superspy, Spectre, but also because of the slightly longer impending release (November 17!) of Licence Expired: The Unauthorized James Bond.
I’ve already posted mucho info on this anthology, and I’ll be starting a short interview series with a few of the contributors when the release date comes about. So rather than repeat myself — okay, once more: Licence Expired: The Unauthorized James Bond, a collection of all-new Bond stories by some of Canada’s first genre authors, to be published on November 17, 2015! — I’ll post a few facts, images, and other assorted Bond miscellanea throughout the month.
Today, some Bond movie trivia to impress your friends with.
Oh, and click here for information on how to purchase your very own, not-available-in-the-United-States copy of Licence Expired.
Sean Connery wears a toupee in all his Bond movies.
An actress named Nikki van der Zyl dubbed many, many voices, including those of:
- Ursula Andress (Honey Ryder, Dr No)
- Shirley Eaton (Jill Masterson, Goldfinger)
- Eunice Gayson (Sylvia Trench, From Russia with Love)
- Nadja Regin (Bonita, Goldfinger)
- Claudine Auger (Domino Derval, Thunderball)
- Mie Hama (Kissy Suzuki, You Only Live Twice)
- Francoise Therry (Chew Mee, The Man with the Golden Gun)
- Portions of Jane Seymour’s dialogue (Solitaire, Live and Let Die)
Other actors who have been dubbed:
- Gert Fröbe (Goldfinger, Goldfinger): dubbed by Michael Collins
- George Lazenby (James Bond, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service): Lazenby’s dialogue as he pretends to be a Scottish nobleman is dubbed by George Baker
- Tetsuro Tamba (Tiger, You Only Live Twice) and Adolfo Celi (Emilio Largo, Thunderball): both dubbed by Robert Rietty
- Carole Bouquet (Melina, For Your Eyes Only): unknown
- Youngest James Bond
- George Lazenby was 30 years old in his only appearance as James Bond in On Her Majesty’s Secret Service.
- Oldest James Bond
- Roger Moore was 45 when he started in Live and Let Die; he was 57 in A View to a Kill, his last outing.
- Greatest age difference between Bond and Bond Girl: 30 years.
- Roger Moore was 53 years old in For Your Eyes Only; Carole Bouquet (Melina) was 23.
- Smallest age difference: 1 Year.
- George Lazenby was 30 in On Her Majesty’s Secret Service: Diana Rigg (Tracey) was 31.
- Greatest age difference (reverse): 5 years.
- Honor Blackman was 39 years old when she portrayed Pussy Galore in Goldfinger: Sean Connery was a youthful 34.
Purchase your own copy of Licence Expired (you know you want one) at: